Stop Smoking Cessation Programme
Our Stop Smoking Cessation Programme aims to assist you to give up smoking completely. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a free Smoke-free Practitioner who will support you in designing and executing your plan to quit.
Your Practitioner will visit you in the comfort of your home or at the Hastings Choices office for the initial assessment and further visits at weeks 1, 2, 4 and 8.
You will discuss:
- What products you have used in the past
- Available NRT products / treatments here in NZ, how they work, their effectiveness, the side effects, and other important details
- Assess how many cigarettes or tobacco you smoke daily
- The cost of the NRT products if any and how to use them correctly
- Actions needed with the treatment
- Advantages and disadvantages of treatments
- Withdrawal symptoms
- Tobacco dependence
- Your goals to stop smoking
- The benefits of being smoke-free
- Tips to become smoke-free
- Your quit date
- Monitor CO readings
Smoke-free Pregnancy Programme
The eight week wāhine hapū smoke-free pregnancy programme aims for all participants to work alongside a free Smoking Cessation Practitioner. The criteria to enrol is that you must be a current smoker from the start of the programme.
Similar to the Stop Smoking Cessation Programme, visits include the initial assessment and then weeks 1, 2, 4 and 8 for CO testing, and to gain incentives. These incentives include vouchers and nappies which will be provided for smoke-free pregnant wāhine and post-partum wāhine. Special conditions apply.
Access to this service can be by self-referral
Drop in or call one of our offices at Flaxmere Choices at the Flaxmere Village, or the Hastings Main Office on Southampton Street. We also accept all external referrals from other Health Providers.