Choices has two clinics available, Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm.
Our Flaxmere Clinic, situated in the Flaxmere Village and our Hastings Clinic at 208 Southampton Street West.
Specialising in primary healthcare for the family, sexual and reproductive health, immunisations, and general health promotion, we will assess and treat anyone’s health or health needs or make appropriate referrals. We have some capacity to support whanau to attend doctor appointments or in some cases can attend with them and advocate or role model doctor / client interactions.
In the clinic we can:
- Assess and treat skin infections or impetigo
- Monitor blood pressure for those who might have been given blood pressure lowering meds but want to know if they are working
- Process throat swabs and give treatment for Strep A type throat infections
- Vaccinate for all childhood scheduled immunizations
- Hapū wahine imms (flu and whooping cough)
- Rangatahi not engaged in education can get HPV immunizations
- Health education