School Health Services
Our school-based nursing service is confidential and delivered within schools to help improve the health and well-being of our tamariki. We aim to reduce barriers to accessing health care for your tamariki. This free service identifies the needs of your tamariki to ensure they are met, and their referrals are planned with you and promptly completed.
With your consent, the service works collaboratively with other external providers such as Public Health Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Hearing and Vision Technicians, Community Health Workers, accredited vaccinators, and other health professionals. Our objective is to promote and enhance an integrated continuum of care working in alignment with Te Tiriti O Waitangi Principles for your tamariki and whānau.
The service provides:
- Health education, information and promotion on hygiene, exercise, healthy eating, and a healthy lifestyle
- Skin checks
- Wound assessment and wound management, including cleaning, covering, and providing spare dressings
- Assessing allergies, bee stings and insect bites
- Ear checks
- School / sports injuries
- Prevention and control of communicable diseases
- National childhood immunisations
We are in the process of developing and piloting a Doctor / Nurse lead clinics within our schools.
The schools we service are:
- Camberley School
- Mangateretere School
- Te Kura Kaupapa Māori o Ngāti Kahungunu ki Heretaunga
- Te Kura o Kimi Ora
- Te Kura o Pakipaki